{from my journal today}

rain.  praying for Camee and the boys. for Mark's mom, in the hospital today.  Audra is sick (ear ache, sniffly, lethargic, clingy and whiny).  the kitchen is a mess.  dirty dishes sitting there still from saturday morning.  school for today: finished.  Mark is working today, on what was supposed to be his day off.  he has a full 6-day work week instead.

but: my heart is thankful.

2146 | Mark, encouraging me not to fret after I told him of my anxiousness over today, and this week ahead (not even knowing at that point that Audra was sick!)

2147 | praying this morning in bed together: for his day, for mine; that we would each be strengthened for it.

2148 | heading into this day feeling "behind" on rest-- coming off of a busier-than-usual Sabbath, and seeing how God has provided rest for me with Audra sick, wanting to be in my arms.

2149 | the grace to let her; to sit and rest with her, to leave the kitchen messy, dirty dishes piling up, to stay put and hold her and take care of her.

2153 | remembering this, today, from Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
(This is the day He has made/given/ordained for me today.  May I be glad in it.)

2157 | Mark, home for lunch, taking the time to wash some dishes

2158 | Mark, telling me not to worry about the messy kitchen, or dinner, that he would take care of them when he gets home.  And telling me that I am a good mother.

2163 | Audra, sleeping soundly.


4 comments:

  1. Stacy, thank you for sharing this from your journal. I found it so very encouraging as I have many similar moments and find it much easier to sin when life makes our home messy and kids are needy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet! Take a deep breath and keep enjoying the sweet snuggles. Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweet friend, this has brought tears to my eyes. With a wedding coming in a few days, I find tears welling up thinking of my baby all grown up and married. She will be moving to Tacoma at years end, once her JoJo is back from deployment to Qatar.

    enjoy the dirty kitchen and the babe in arms.

    Hope you are all feeling better.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your journal entries when you post them here or hearing them from time to time when you share some with me. I think you are such a wise woman. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you, and I will do
my best to reply back to you in the comment section.